Monday, May 10, 2010

38 Weeks or T - 2

Well, baby could come any time now! For someone who likes to have everything planned out, it's difficult to know she could be here tomorrow or 4 weeks from now! In many ways, I can't wait. But, I'm definitely nervous about the whole experience. Other moms have reassured me time and again that I'll be able to handle everything just find. I think a lot of it is just not knowing exactly what's coming.

On Saturday, Kris and I had a night out together to see Cirque du Soliel's Alegria. We were supposed to go to a Japanese Steakhouse first, but they didn't have any dinner times available (darn prom season!) We ended up going to a mall to walk around, visiting the Science Center, and then going to Blueberry Hill (kind of an independent Hard Rock Cafe...frequently a host of Chuck Berry). On the way into St Louis I had some pretty bad Braxton Hicks contractions. But, they weren't at all regular...one loooooong one for about 20 minutes. We think maybe I was just a little dehydrated, so I've been trying to constantly drink water!

On Sunday, Kris took some pics of the baby belly (and me) in our yard. Next time, I'm going to have to actually do something to my hair before the pictures! I tried to take it out of the ponytail and ended up looking like Chewbacca! Nonetheless, here are two of the pics:



1 comment:

  1. You are as ready as you can be! I can't wait to hear the news of the arrival of baby Annabelle! Glad you had a good night out despite the Braxton Hicks.

    ReplyDelete