Monday, March 29, 2010

Week 32

Description (from Mayo Clinic Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy):
You may notice a change in your baby's movements this week,not that she has grown tot he point of being crowded. Although your baby is probably moving around just as much, kicks and other movements may seem less forceful.
By 32 weeks, your baby weighs about 4 pounds and is almost 11 1/2 inches long, crown to rump.

Movement:
Baby is getting lots of hiccups still. At least one bout per day; sometimes as many as three! Good job practicing breathing, baby Ying :)
I've definitely been feeling movement a lot more often and a larger variety of types of movements. The strangest by far are when she either turn over or move a whole limb. It feels like she's going to burst out of there!
In fact, she moving around a bit right now. I just got up, so she's probably repositioning.

Baby Shower:
Big thanks to my mom for a great baby shower with my family! I got to spend time with a few of my aunts and cousins in Cincinnati. It's so great to be surrounding by such love and support!
I also had a visit from one of my best friends on Friday. The baby wouldn't kick for her. She was also pretty quiet at the baby shower. She must have stage fright!

Other Updates:
The baby name bracket is narrowed down to the final four.
32 week doctor's appointment on Wednesday.

Baby Stuff:
The baby's room is filling up with baby things. Between the baby shower, consignment sales, and the start of garage sale season the pile is growing. Now we just need to find a changing table, dresser and bookshelf so I can start putting everything where it belongs! :)
If you have kids and have never been to one, I highly recommend the kids consignment sales that are occurring this Spring (most will run again in the fall). There's a website "kidsconsignmentsales.com" that lists a lot of them (although the dates aren't always correct). We went to the half price day of one sale on Saturday and found lots of goodies. Below Kris and I are modeling the Baby Bjorn we bought.



No comments:

Post a Comment