Thursday, July 15, 2010

Milestones

We can't believe how fast Annabelle is growing! Right now it seems like she's learning new things every day!

Annabelle is a little powerhouse! She has always been a leg-kicker. In the past few weeks, she been trying more and more to push on things with her legs...my stomach, the table (when she's in her highchair), etc. Amazingly, she can support her entire weight on her legs now. I thought it seems a little early to be doing that, so I looked it up. Average age? 4 months! Doesn't she know she's not yet even 2 months old?

On a side note, this strength must run in the family. Our nephew, Noah, just took his first four steps....the day before he turned 10 months! Ack! Dear Annabelle, please do not follow in your cousin's footsteps :)

Last night, as Kris and I were eating dinner and Annabelle was sitting in her highchair, she was very active. she was moving her arms and legs all around, so I decided to try giving her something to hold on to. In the past few weeks she's gotten better and better at holding things. It started with our fingers, but more recently she's begun grabbing her clothes, her other hand, her burp cloth, etc. So, the only thing that was within reach was a pen, so I handed that to her. Lo and behold, she grabbed it and held on for quite a while. I decided to try something a little more baby-appropriate and ran to get the clacker that I had when I was a baby. Perfect! She held on for about 2 minutes! Here she is...


No comments:

Post a Comment