Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Week 22

Description (According to Mayo Clinic Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy):
The senses of taste and touch are making good progress this week. Taste buds are starting to form on your baby's tongue, and your baby's brain and nerve endings are now mature enough to process the sensation of touch. If you could sneak a peek at your baby this week, you might see her experimenting with this newfound sense of touch - feeling her face or sucking a thumb. At this point your baby isn't looking for anything in particular but rather is touching whatever comes to hand.
She is about 7 1/2 inches long from head to rump and weighs about 1 pound.

Comments:
Maybe her newfound sense of taste is the reason she starts kicking when I eat :) And, we already know from the ultrasound pictures that she found her thumb long ago.

Total Weight Gain:
4 pounds (at the last appointment...now probably more like 6?)

Maternity Clothes:
I found a pair of maternity jeans at a consignment shop on Friday! I think I will be living in those for a while :) This week I've noticed a lot of my sweaters are starting to hang funny...kind of sticking out from my belly...hm...

Stretch Marks:
Solution to it being too cold to put cocoa butter on my belly? After a shower, my hands are actually warm...duh!

Sleep:
I've been pretty energetic this week, but Sunday night I slept for 11 hours!

Food Cravings:
I got New York Style pizza on Saturday and it was DELICIOUS!!!

Movement:
Here's the BIG news! Kris got to feel our baby girl kick this past week! A few days after I decided those flutters I'd been feeling were movement, he put his hand on my belly and...wallop! It's like she knows it's time to let daddy know she's happy in there!
She doesn't move around too much in the mornings. Later in the afternoon and the evenings (especially at dinner time and bed time) she's becoming more and more active.

Best Moment of the Week:
The look on Kris' face the first time he felt our baby girl kick. It was better than a 5 year old at Christmas!

A loooong second...we bought a crib on Saturday (found a great deal on a BonaVita crib that lived at Grandma's immaculate house for about 3 years). I'll have to post a picture later...

What I Miss:
Being able to keep up with Kris. He was on a mission at Lowe's last night and I kept lagging behind...I'm not that big yet, you'd think I'd be able to do a little power walking...just not comfortable!

What I'm Looking Forward To:

Going to Babies R Us on Saturday to look at car seats and strollers.

Milestone:
Kris feeling her kick.

No comments:

Post a Comment